Here are a few quick pics of the new house. Its still quite a mess and disorganized, so Ill put more photos up later when we're settled, but you get the general idea from these. Its a very comfortable 1930s brick house that kind of has a California Bungalow-esque style about it, architecturally speaking. Its very comfortable with large living spaces, lots of natural sunlight and very easy to live in. We definitely plan to completely renovate and add on to it in the next few years, but we'll let the monsters destroy it first. And we finally have a yard. With grass! I know by American standards its a pretty small yard, but for living close to the city here, its not too shabby. Our neighbourhood occupies the land of a former historical estate, and it is regarded as one of our citys oldest, most established and traditional suburbs. Its so lovely, with beautiful houses, and a huge park at the end of our street. All of the neighbours we've met so far are lovely people, and we look forward to the neighbourly feel to the area. I'll have to take my camera outside one of these days and put some photos on here of our street, etc. For now, enjoy these happy snaps!

Entrance hall
Anna's room- its huge- I couldnt photograph the whole thing
Sunrise from our back deck
Grass!
1 comment:
It looks so spacious. How nice!!! Thanks for the update. Enjoy unpacking and decluttering. My favorite phrase when moving and not knowing if I should keep something or get rid of it is, "lost in the move!" Then I get rid of it and blame it on being lost.
Post a Comment