07 October 2008

Sandbox

We have a sandbox (or sandpit, as they call it here) built in under our back deck.  We were in the process of building our house when I was pregnant with Noah, and Michael literally dreamed up this space-saving sandbox idea while I was in labour with Noah.  Living in the city in a European-esque sort of way as we do, space-saving ideas are imperative.  Its handy as you can lift the lid and its a sandbox by day, but put the lid down and its deck/entertaining area at night:)  Noah LOVES it!  He wants to be out in it in the rain, in the dark, at 6am (waking the neighbours), in the freezing cold. He also loves to bring his sand creations into the house to show us. It has been like a beach on our floors lately.   
I had finally convinced him to come inside to have a little shower before we went away, and I turned my back for a millisecond and he ran back outside into the sandpit...resulting in the nude sandboxing experience below. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How precious!!! I love the space saving sandbox idea!!!

Love,
Kate