7 days on, some of the fires are STILL burning. NASA has some incredible shots of them from space. Its extremely smoky in the air right now. Im even hesitant to take the kids outside here in the city, its that smoky. Today, due to all the smoke, etc, the sun has been orange. It has almost looked like a partial eclipse all day. It might be hard to tell from the photos, but I feel like Ive been living in a '70s photograph today (remember how they all had that brownish/orangey hue when they were developed). Anyway, our house colour is actually a light grey/cement colour, but it appears almost peach in the crazy sunlight. And the last photo- of my car-- no, mother, I havent neglected to wash it in 3 months:) This is just the result of one rain shower yesterday- there is so much soot, smoke, and ash in the skies that everything gets filthy when it rains.

1 comment:
crazy stuff.... I hope you are not to affected.
Post a Comment