09 August 2009

Another thirtysomething birthday...

...for Michael.  However, I think it was Noah who was most excited about it because he knows a birthday means there is cake and more importantly, blowing out candles! 

Here is Noah blowing out candles at BREAKFAST. He could not wait any longer.

Here's Noah at the party that evening singing Happy Birthday and adding "hip, hip hooray" at the end (with arm emphatically raised, of course). 

And MORE candles. I think we relit them 6 times so he could keep blowing them out! 

I made Michael an iPhone cake which consisted of cupcakes placed into a sheet cake.  Each "application" was created out of icing, food coloring, a rolling pin, and the steadiness of hand of a brain surgeon :)  They were attached to the cupcakes by a generously piped layer of home-made chocolate ganache. Its certainly not perfect; I learned a lot along the way, but it was fun nonetheless.



1 comment:

Heather said...

Amy, I am very impressed!!
Michael, Happy Birthday!!